Sunday, June 13, 2010

What a month!

June may be bustin' out all over in the rest of the country but here it has been a rainy, drizzly (ok, at times downpour-ry) disappointment weather-wise. The veggie garden has been slowly creeping along and trying to survive with the chill and constant wet. Everything except the pumpkins I planted came up at least but the basil I bought is going to have to be replaced. RIP, dear herb. Even a few of my mini roses seem to have died but of course, I will leave them in place and keep babying their roots in the chance that they'll come back to life. So far two apparent DOA's are already sending up brand new canes. Yay!
So the big excitement this month: Farm Chicks with Amy and her pal Jodi, a new kitten--Baby Max and (drumroll!) Babygirl's college graduation. !!! How incredible to watch graduation with so many family members all around. My sister and I cried in the stands when she said to me, "Wasn't it just yesterday we were giving her a bath in the sink?" (You can turn me into a blubbering mess sooo easily. No sport in it at all.) There is so much to be proud of in the next generation of our family...my nieces and nephew are already busy out in the world making it a good place. It is a small group, only five including my two but they are all good people.

Hubs and I survived the excitement and the rain so far and are ready to enjoy summer now. Today it is supposed to be in the 80's! He's going to fish and I'm going to putter with joy. The roses are beginning their first bloom cycle and they need to slow down so there will be plenty left for the rose show on the 26th. But oh, the fragrance out there....wish I could share it with you.

No comments: