Friday, October 16, 2009

Lovely Autumn


It has been a long time since I've sat down to blog...I'm having too much fun reading other people's blogs! Here it is October 16th already and I am taking another 2 weeks of 'staycation' before things get really hectic at work with the holiday season looming. (retail, you know) I've made a great big calendar and have a big job list and wanna-do list so it will be two weeks well spent instead of frittered away on nothing.


On the schedule....LOTS of sewing, a bunch of baking and freezing, continuing to put the garden to bed and sleeping late! (And hopefully cleaning up the back patio, what a mess!) See the golden hubbard squash that came out of the garden? I cooked one for a test and it was sooooo yummy. Low-carb joy! Here I'd decided not to grow it again next year because of the way it took over the garden but now that has to be reconsidered. The zucchini and peppers were a bit disappointing, but I read in the paper that it was a bad year for those in this area so that is a little less depressing. haha
Hope I'll have pictures of great sewing progress to post soon!

3 comments:

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh my goodness Molly! First of all, thank you for your comment on MJF about my craft room, especially because it lead me to you! I am so impressed to say the least about you! You look so darling in that sweet apron you were wearing at the Farm Chicks boutique! Do your make those cutie pie aprons? Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss! You look beautiful, healthy, and happy! I am also so impressed with the meals you make! I was amazed at all the pretty detail. After looking at many pictures, I got all teared up (as I am now) thinking about your passion for eating healthy and putting all the love you do into meal-planning now. Each meal is packed lovingly! Bento...I must Google it! It looks like it has changed your life! Oh I could learn so much from you! I will check in often for inspiration!

Hugs,
Maryjane
Farmgirl #44

Here is my email if you ever what to give me some teaching tips and say hey!

beehivecottage@rocketmail.com

Lynn said...

I'd love to hear how you cooked your squash that was so good :) We grew a bunch of pumpkins this year, so last week for the first time I tried roasting and eating one; boy was it delicious! Now I'm looking for more ways to prepare pumpkin. Who knew they'd be so good?

Fiber Fetish and leopard love said...

Well I have to say thnk you to Molly for sacrficing the last day of her "staycation" just to come help me in the E.R I fell off a ladder and was brave till they said I may need surgery for a broken leg. Then when I heard my sissy's voice on the phone I started bawling like baby!
She was an angel and rushed right down. I wouldn't even let them cut off my pants- I made them give Molly the scissors to have her do it! I am blessed to have the best,most kind and helpful sister in the world!