Sunday, June 7, 2009

Two of Last Week's Bento's



Before I head back to working on the Farm Chick's entry, I want to get caught up on the last two bentos from last week. Even working shorter hours, it is still very helpful to get the bento made and ready to go so that before I head home from work early in the day or out to run errands there is pre-planned healthy food to keep me going.


These boxes were for a short work day but a long errand day. Breakfast was on the left side with 0% Fage Greek yogurt, blueberries, a tablespoon of sugar-free chocolate chips, fresh strawberries and 1/3 cup Special K Protien Plus cereal. It was hugely filling. Then I ate that lovely salad on the right before shopping and errands. It was baby spinach from the garden, chicken griller strips, strawberries, blueberries, sunflower seeds and half of a mozz stick cut into little flowers. For my afternoon snack was edamame, plain.


The next set was for another short day. It was more of the Greek Yogurt but this time topped with a fresh dollop of homemade sugar-free strawberry/rhubarb jam and accompanied by fresh strawberries. The three little Chik'n Nuggets (Morningstar Farm) were my pre-errand snack and were so filling that it took a long time to eat them. Sorry these are all so boring looking but this time of year is when I love to take advantage of the delicious strawberries as often as I can!

1 comment:

Fiber Fetish and leopard love said...

Your food looks very patriotic ;)