Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rosette Fever!

The Place: West Central Community Center




The Day: June 27th, 2009
The Event: The Spokane Rose Society Annual Rose Show
The Goal: BRING HOME ROSETTES!!!!


The Results: THREE, BABY!!!!
The three rosettes were for: 1) my floribuna spray 'Ebb Tide' which is an incredible dusky, deep purply rose and smells heavenly, 2) my corsage of 'Blue Girl' roses and 3) the martini glass arrangement which didn't work out the way I'd planned technically but pleased the judges nonetheless. The flowers were supposed to be the 'onion' on the curly willow swizzle stick and the whole thing was supposed to stay under water to be the alcohol. But when I poured in the water the roses popped out their anchoring and floated. Oh well, it was fun to do anyway and won!

(you gotta trust me on the big martini glass entry, it really did win a blue and white 'best arrangement' rosette in that category but forgot to take a picture of it, I swear!)








No comments: