Monday, April 13, 2009

Bento 24 and 25




This is bento 24 from last week. I didn't have time to make a pretty bento so it was my old Tupperware lunch set and after packing it, I remembered why I don't like this set: the carrier doesn't leave room for anything but the containers and has an awkward zipper placement. Maybe one day I'll tear it apart and remake it with the zipper at the top but likely not. Anyway, the food was 0% Fage Greek yogurt (1/2 cup) with splenda, a cereal mix of mostly Kashi Go Lean and some leftover Barbara's organic stuff, a melon cup of watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew. Then the protein is from the freezer: the last of the chicken cordon bleu bites, edamame and two mini ham/Swiss bites. This was enough food for breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks.



Today's bento was Easter dinner leftovers and

freezer stash. Couldn't eat it all by the end of the day and that accounted for breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks. Two mini cottage cheese waffles, homemade turkey breakfast sausage sticks, fruit cup of strawberries, cantaloupe, green grapes and blueberries. Not in the shot is the little container of sugar free syrup I always drag along to go with the waffles. In the pink bento is cucumber sticks, edamame, a mini barley heart, mini skewers of grilled pineapple and ham, a few black olives, a little cup of my sister's to-die-for corn casserole, carrot flower cutouts, half a devilled egg and more cucumbers for filler. For dessert some of my sugar free strawberry-rhubarb cheesecake and more grilled pineapple. I have a LOT of this leftover...it was too much food!

2 comments:

Brew99 said...

I just love your bentos! How do you like Fage Greek yogurt? I have seen it in our stores but never tried. I'm not into sweet yogurt so it is hard to find American brands that are not sweetened.

Molly said...

Hi, I'm sorry for just seeing your comment today. How rude of me! The Fage yogurt is wonderful and doesn't taste anything like American yogurt (which I can't stand). I'd say it is more like the texture of fat-free sour cream without being sour and not as tart as normal unflavoured yogurt. It can be used just like sour cream and is of course yummy with sweet things added to it too. Hope you can find some to try!

Molly