Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Bentos 17 & 18










Two bentos to post today, they were meals I packed to take to the hospital today to visit with a member of my local support group. Didn't know how long I'd be there or how hungry so I made two but only ate half of one so the other will go with me to work tomorrow. Also inlcuded is a picture of my homemade protein bars. Normally, there is always a batch of them in my freezer so I can grab one to throw in my purse on the way out the door in the morning. Came in handy today too, I chewed on one while my friend was getting a check-up done in her room and I forgot to grab my bag to take to the waiting room.
Plus, I got these boxes in the dollar section of my local Rite Aid drugstore. Didn't even know they had dollar items and then find these...score!!! Anway the blue box is orange slices, cucumber, baby carrot sticks under mini quiche bites (no crust) and three chicken cordon bleu bites.
In the green box are pinwheels made from 98%ff ham lunchmeat, lf jack cheese slices, jicama sticks, green grapes and a mini pepper stuffed with one wedge of Laughing Cow lite Swiss cheese and topped with a jicama slice.
The pic. of my baking is my oatmeal/raisin protein bars (thats the type I took today), my double chocolate tvp protein bars and one of Shelly's 24k Carrot muffins. http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/03/24k-muffins.html
Recipe for my oatmeal/raisin protein bars:
Recipe for my chocolate protein bars:
Recipe for the chicken cordon bleu bites:
Note on this one: I substituted egg white for the whole egg and didn't deep fry them.








No comments: