Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bento 16


This is the bento for Monday which will be breakfast, lunch and a snack (or two). This took too long to make mostly because I'm so tired from such a long week and it was hard to decide what to include. My goal is to have the barley onigiri and turkey sausage patties for breakfast. There is some sugar free Costellani's CinnaBliss syrup drizzled on top (yum!) and a little container of sugar free lingonberry preserves to go with it. For lunch is a hard-boiled egg, edamame, a container of caulitators (mock mashed potatoes) and an assortment of cold veggies. If I have room in my tummy there is a mini bell pepper stuffed with a wedge of Laughing Cow lite Swiss cheese. There are flower shaped cucumber and jicama slices, a jicama bunny and some assorted veggie scraps as well as some cantaloupe stuffed in too. Alongside is a packet of fat free Italian dressing and a lite mozzarella stick for the drive home.
Lots of food!
No picture of Sunday's box for work, my camera battery was dead. But I ate 2 mini cottage cheese waffles, 2 turkey sausage patties, some red grapes and later on a homemade protein bar.
Here is a link for the preserves....awesome products from this place!

2 comments:

emily said...

Hey Molly,
I love all your bentos. I'm jealous of all the baking - I wish I had the donut molds, the waffle iron, etc.

I have a question for the laptop lunch box - when you take things that are saucy/juicy, do they ever "intermingle"? I really want one, between Michelle's posts and yours, but I can't always keep my lunch perfectly horizontal so I wonder about that.

Molly said...

Oh Emily, please forgive me for not seeing your comment till today. That is a good question about the laptop system...I manage to keep mine horizontal because I think it really WOULD intermingle. That's why I made my own kinchaku bag to fit it sitting flat instead of using the bag they sell with it. If you look at the laptop lunch group photostream on flickr you see that they don't often do a lot of runny things and sometime you even see things wrapped in cello. If I know I need to make a bento with saucy/juicy stuff I usually just put that item in it's own tupperware-style container with a tight seal.

Molly